For Moving Violations Only
Driver Safety Course option will not be granted after the appearance date.
You are eligible for a DRIVER'S SAFETY COURSE if:
- You have current liability insurance and are listed on the policy as a driver.
- You have a valid Texas Driver's License.
- You are at least 17 years of age.
- You do not have a CDL currently or at the time of the offense.
- You are not charged with speeding 25 mph (or more) over the limit, 14 mph (or more) over the limit in a school zone, or speeding in a construction zone with workers present.
- You have not taken a Driver Safety Course with in the last 12 months.
The following items must be submitted to the court on or before the appearance date shown on the citation to be eligible to take the course: (DO NOT TAKE THE COURSE BEFORE SUBMITTING THIS REQUEST)
- Copy of your Texas Driver's License and current proof of insurance listing you as a covered driver.
- Court costs of $144.00 for Speeding and $169.00 for Speeding in a School Zone by money order, cashier's check or with a credit card by phone at (817)790-3223.