- Core Values
To help in achieving our mission, the Alvarado Police Department has outlined the department's core values, or characteristics important to being a successful officer for the Alvarado Police Department:
- Integrity: The Alvarado Police Department is built upon a foundation of ethical and professional conduct. We are committed to the highest level of moral principles and ethics. All members of the department will adhere to the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics which is a part of this manual.
- Honesty: We will be truthful and trustworthy at all times.
- Candor: The freedom from prejudice or malice; fairness. We are committed to equal application of the law to offenders and members of the public as well as the equal application of rules and regulations to all members of the department.
- Commitment: The trait of sincere and steadfast fixity on a purpose; the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action. We are dedicated to meeting the demands of our profession and performing all duties to the best of our ability.
- Courage: The ability to confront real or perceived fear in the face of pain, danger, uncertainty or intimidation. We are dedicated to meeting all challenges with the courage needed to accomplish our mission.
- Competence: Properly or sufficiently qualified, capable, or efficient of performing the task; adequate for the purpose. We are committed to being qualified to handle the tasks which society expects from the police department.
- Compassion: We understand our role as community caretakers, and temper our application of the law with compassion and empathy.